Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

Pillars - We Must Have Pillars


Yesterday was so wet - there were few moments of sunshine and so Dave took advantage of a few of those moments and started on the posts!
Evidently, posts are needed  so that Josito can put in the 2 new electric meters.  Actually, only one post is needed but 2 are being built to go on either side of the driveway gate - so we will have one skookum look when it's done.

We were going to have our good friends Dean & Daniela over for dinner and found out last night that they had Danielas' 2 sobrinas (nieces) with her, so I needed to do a quick dash into town for another fillet of Lora - this is a great local fish.  It has a solid meat and is really flavorful and is one of our favorites.  So, we took Harley for his first car ride into town.  We got lots of great smiles, people liked to see a bird out with their owner like their dog would be, but mostly he just tried to eat my glasses!

We spend quite a bit of time together and so I feel quite safe with him on my shoulder.  He likes to climb on my head (power position), and will give me little kisses - these still intimidate me but we are learning to trust each other more and more.

My part of the dinner was started early - I was doing a poblano pepper casserole (because I still can't get the knack of Chilies Rellenos) and so roasted the peppers on our Weber BBQ (so much easier than trying to use the stove top) and cleaned the seeds.  Then it was time to cook the shrimp and grate the cheese; all ready to go except - - - no gas in the house!  Thank God for the Weber.  I knew that once the casserole was "built" it only had to go into the BBQ and 15 minutes later VOILA!

Then it was Davids' turn to hit the kitchen - but, alas,no gas, so he hit the BBQ.  Our wonderful, versatile Weber!  Thank God for this BBQ - it has bailed us out time and time again, acting an an oven, stove and BBQ - sometimes at the same sitting.  He was preparing a fish Veracruz style and man-o-man does he make a good job of it.  He says it's not hard to make, but involves a lot of prep (chopping, taking the skin off the jitomate (tomato) and care.  I'm glad he like to make this.

 These are the beautiful flowers Daniela brought.  She told me a scary story about cutting these from the manglars and having her nieces look out for the crocodillos!  I can just see her with her little scissors scaring off the big bad crocodiles!  They were beautiful, gave off a wonderful fragrance and definitely enhanced the table.
 
But I digress from the post building.  As I typed this, Dave has put down one corner of the bodega as well as gotten the post to it's ultimate height.



















 yep - go ahead and rest, Dave - you definitely deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment